Caps, gowns usher in good newsPublished 12:03am Monday, May 28, 2012
School’s out for summer; graduates are facing the world and local schools have been busy making big news.waste
Both public school districts in the area are closing schools to open new programs and welcoming new superintendents soon.
Big things are ahead on both sides of the river, but before we dream of the future, let’s enjoy the past.
Last week was full of exciting news for many.
- The Concordia Parish Airport celebrated the holiday weekend with a fly-in, showcasing pilots and their planes.
- Ferriday rocked on with the long-anticipated grand opening of the Will Haney Big House Music Hall. The town has been working for sometime now to open the structure and pay tribute to its musical past while making way for its musical future.
- Sales tax revenues in Natchez continue to inch upward. Leaving a recession and population dip behind us is just fine with us.
- Cathedral and Adams County Christian Schools were the last in the area to say goodbye to 2012 graduates. Good luck, grads; we know you’ll make us proud.
- The magnet school in Concordia Parish has hired teachers and staff and is well on its way to a great 2012-2013 school year. Seeing this new option in education take hold is exciting.
With school out and graduations over, things should hopefully slow down a bit. Enjoy your vacation if it’s coming soon, but come back to the good old Miss-Lou soon!