Energy companies donate to scholarships for students
NATCHEZ — The Natchez chapter of the Association of Energy Service Companies recently awarded scholarships to area students.
Recipients of a $1,000 scholarship are:
• John Smith of Natchez, who is majoring in engineering at Hinds Community College.
• Marlee Wadsworth of Natchez, who is majoring in biological engineering at Mississippi State University.
• Elizabeth Fortenbery of Natchez, who is majoring in kinesiology at Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
• Madeline Beard of Natchez, who is majoring in architecture at Louisiana State University.
• Josh Calloway of Ferriday, who is majoring in international business at LSU.
• Thomas Middleton of Natchez, who is majoring in real estate development at MSU.
• Mollie Devening of Natchez, who is majoring in biomedical engineering at Louisiana Tech.
• Peyton Young of Ferriday, who is majoring in engineering at LSU.
The national AESC chapter also awarded one scholarship locally to Dana Arnold of Ridgecrest, who is attending LSU in Alexandria.
The Natchez chapter of the AESC has been awarding scholarships for six years, for a total of $34,500 to local students.
The national office has also awarded $2,000 in scholarships to local students.