Qualifying continues for races in Concordia Parish
VIDALIA — With only one day left for qualifying for the Nov. 4 parish wide elections, six seats have no contenders vying for them.
Qualifying has been ongoing since Wednesday, and will continue today from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
As of Thursday evening, no candidates had qualified to run for the school board seats for district 1A, 1B, 2 or 4A.
The seats for Justice of the Peace district 5B and constable district 1 were likewise without candidates.
Only one candidate of five to be elected for the Town of Ridgecrest’s aldermen had qualified.
Those who have qualified thus far include:
• For Seventh Judicial District Court Division A Judge, Kathy A. Johnson, D-Jonesville
• For Seventh Judicial District Court Division B Judge, Jack H. McLemore Jr., D-Vidalia, and John Reeves, D-Jonesville
• For Seventh Judicial District District Attorney, Bradley R. Burget, D-Ferriday
• For School Board District 3 Place A, Damon Knapp, R-Vidalia, and Ricky Lee Raven Sr., Ind.-Vidalia
• For School Board District 3 Place B, Cheryl Probst, D-Vidalia
• For School Board District 4 Place B, Jeffery Goodman, Ind.-Ferriday
• For School Board District 5 Place A, Warren S. Enterkin, D-Ferriday
• For School Board District 5 Place B, John Bostic, Ind.-Monterey
• For Justice of the Peace District 1, Benja R. Fussell, R-Ferriday
• For Justice of the Peace District 2, Kevin Friloux, R-Vidalia
• For Justice of the Peace District 3, Russell Wagoner, R-Vidalia
• For Justice of the Peace District 4, Jerry Stallings, D-Ferriday
• For Justice of the Peace District 5A, Charles E. “Charlie” White, D-Ferriday.
• For District 2 Constable, Rickey Hollins, D-Vidalia
• For District 3 Constable, Susan Rabb, R-Vidalia
• For District 4 Constable, George W. Sewell, D-Vidalia
• For District 5A Constable, Jerry Emfinger, D-Ferriday
• For District 5B Constable, Jerry Lipsey, D-Monterey
• For Ridgecrest Mayor, Bobby R. Sheppard Sr., D-Ridgecrest.
• For Ridgecrest Chief of Police, Ricky Williams, R-Ridgecrest
• For Ridgecrest Aldermen, Jamie Harrison, D-Ridgecrest.
Qualifications for candidates can be found online at bit.ly/YB53um.
The clerk of court’s office is located on the second floor of the Concordia Parish courthouse.