Natchez family recovering from fire

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 7, 2010

NATCHEZ — When Debbie Carrol took her daughter to school Nov. 10, everything was normal.

Forty minutes later, her life and the lives of her husband and two children were turned upside down.

“I left to go to work and drop my daughter off at school at around 7:50 a.m.,” she said. “My son got back to the house from hunting at 8:30, and the house was in flames.”

Email newsletter signup

Carrol said an electrical short in the fan in the bathroom caused the fire that destroyed the family’s house on Primrose Lane.

“Most of the damage was to the house,” she said. “We managed to pull out some furniture and other things.”

With the roof, rafters and ceilings damaged, and half of the house engulfed in the flames, Carrol said she was glad no one was injured.

“It was devastating, but it could have been a whole lot worse,” she said. “Thank God there was nobody there.”

Carrol and her husband Glen have two children, 21-year-old Copiah-Lincoln Community College student Dustin, and 18-year-old special needs child Nicole.

Carrol works for Dr. Carrie Iles and plays piano at Morgantown Baptist Church in Natchez.

A bank account has been set up at Concordia Bank and Trust Company for anyone willing to make donations to help the Carrols.

Anyone interested in helping can go to any of the banking locations and ask to donate money to the fund.