Neighborhood Watch meeting schedule set
NATCHEZ — Neighborhood Watch groups in Adams County are gearing up for their first meeting of the year.
Meetings for the Liberty Road, Morgantown, Kingston, Sibley, Airport and Broadmoor areas are scheduled for February.
Maj. Debbie Gee of the Adams County Sheriff’s Office said the meetings allow neighbors to mingle so they can better look out for one another.
Most meetings will feature speakers on a variety of safety issues. Issues might include fire safety or the recent rash of copper burglaries, for example, Gee said.
“There’s a lot of interesting information (at the meetings),” Gee said.
Sheriff’s office deputies usually attend the meetings. Gee said residents can grow comfortable with deputies at the meetings, which encourages them to call the sheriff’s office when observing suspicious activity in their respective neighborhoods.
All meetings are scheduled for 6 p.m. at the following dates and locations.
• The Liberty Road area will meet Tuesday at the volunteer fire station.
• The Morgantown area will meet Thursday at Morgantown Elementary.
• The Kingston area will meet Feb. 8 at the volunteer fire station.
• The Sibley area will meet Feb. 15 at Lyle’s Grocery Store.
• The airport area will meet Feb. 17 at the Natchez-Adams County Airport.
• The Boardmoor area will meet Feb. 24 at the Broadmoor Utilities Community Center.
Gee said residents should call Randy Freeman at the Adams County Sheriff’s Office at 601-442-2752 for information on starting a Neighborhood Watch program.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The $20 billion fund responsible for compensating victims of BP’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill has... read more