More candidates qualify for ballot in 2019 election
Published 11:49 pm Tuesday, January 29, 2019
NATCHEZ — Several more candidates have filed qualifying paperwork in the Adams County Circuit Clerk’s office to run for office in elections coming up later this year.
The most recent candidates to qualify include:
- Douglas Atkins filed as a Democrat to run for Adams County Tax Assessor.
- David Carter filed as an independent to run for Adams County Supervisor District 2.
- Larry L. Hughes filed as a Democrat to run for Adams County Tax Assessor.
- Adam Wyatt Kirk filed as an independent to run for Adams County Sheriff.
- Eileen Mary Maher filed as a Democrat to run for Justice Court Judge Southern District.
- Raymond Gary McDonald filed as a Democrat to run for Adams County Supervisor District 4.
Email newsletter signup
Party primaries will be Aug. 6 and any necessary runoffs will be Aug. 27.
The general election will be Nov. 5 and any necessary runoffs will be Nov. 26.
Other candidates who have qualified so far this year include:
- For District 1 Adams County supervisor, incumbent Mike Lazarus.
- For District 3 Adams County supervisor, incumbent Angela Gibson Hutchins.
- For District 4 Adams County supervisor, incumbent James “Rickey” Gray.
- For District 5 Adams County supervisor, James H. Berry Jr.; Lee Blanton; and incumbent Calvin Butler;
- For Adams County Sheriff: Jerry Ford, Tom Grennell and incumbent Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten; and Brian Seyfarth.
- For Adams County Northern District Constable, Deselle “Mody” Davis and incumbent constable Willie B. Jones.
- For Adams County Southern District Constable, Randy Freeman and Chris Allen Logan.
- For Southern District Justice Court Judge, Danny Barber and Lee Ford.
- For Northern District Justice Court Judge, incumbent Patricia F. Dunmore, incumbent; Audrey B. Minor.
- For Adams County Circuit Clerk, Daye Dearing; Eva “E.J.” Givens; Jennifer “Lady J.” Minor Johnson; Charlie Vess; and Jason Wisner.
- For Adams County Chancery Clerk, incumbent Brandi B. Lewis.
- For Adams County Coroner, incumbent James Lee.
- For Adams County Tax Assessor Michael Pace.
- For Adams County Attorney Lisa J. Chandler; Lydia Roberta Blackmon.
- For Sixth Circuit Court District Attorney, incumbent Ronnie Harper.