Nine people arrested in weekend round up in Adams County
Published 10:30 am Tuesday, July 30, 2019
NATCHEZ — A weekend joint operation of local state and federal law enforcement officials resulted in the arrests of nine people on drugs and weapons charges, the Adams County Sheriff’s Office said.
On Friday morning the officers with the joint operation arrested Wylisha Chatman on 4th Street for a federal indictment on charges of “straw purchase” (purchasing a firearm for another individual) and conspiracy to straw purchase firearms with Jamahri Lucas.
U.S. Marshals arrested Lucas in Los Angeles for a federal indictment for possession of an automatic rifle and conspiracy to straw purchase.
Email newsletter signup
Lucas had been on the Adams County most wanted list for a controlled substance violation.
Deputies with the Adams County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Group, the Natchez Police Department, the Mississippi Probation and Parole, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the U.S. Marshals participated in the weekend arrests dubbed “Operation Eject.”
Others arrested in the operation:
- Garrette Beamer on Wickcliff Road for a probation violation;
- Dekasha Thompson in Williams Apartments for a probation violation;
- Roy Ray II on Fieldview Drive for sale of schedule II methamphetamine; possession of methamphetamine; possession of methamphetamine and possession of schedule II hyhdrocodone;
- Christopher Griffis and Robert Patterson on Tate Road for possession of drug paraphernalia;
- Broderick Allen on Dumas Drive for possession of ecstasy with intent to distribute; and
- Darren Flemming on Dumas Drive for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver; possession of schedule IV, Xanax with intent to distribute; possession of schedule II, crack cocaine, with intent to deliver; possession of schedule I, ecstasy, with intent to deliver. All of Flemming’s charges were within 1,000 feet of a school/church zone with firearms enhancement, law enforcement said.