Man convicted of attempted murder back in parish
Published 12:00 am Friday, October 31, 2003
VIDALIA &045; Clinton &uot;Pete&uot; Guillory III, a Concordia Parish man convicted in January 1993 of the attempted murder of his then-wife the previous year, is back in Concordia Parish.
The Louisiana Department of Corrections confirmed Tuesday that Guillory, who had previously been housed at Angola State Penitentiary, is now being housed at the Concordia Parish Correctional Facility.
Guillory was convicted of attempted second-degree murder for shooting his estranged wife, Teresa Case Ezernack, three times with a high-powered deer rifle as she was working at a Vidalia convenience store.
Email newsletter signup
That was after a two-year marriage that included four requests for restraining orders filed in the space of 16 months.
Guillory was convicted in January 1993 on a charge of attempted second-degree murder and was sentenced to 50 years in the state penitentiary.
Sheriff Randy Maxwell said Guillory is no longer dangerous to the public and, in any case, is in lockdown at the minimum-security prison and does not have trusty status, as he did at Angola.
Maxwell said Guillory was transferred back to Concordia Parish because traveling to another facility to see their son would be a hardship on Guillory’s elderly parents.
Maxwell said he could not remember which facility Guillory was housed at immediately before being transferred to the Concordia Correctional Facility. LDOC would not release that information.
Maxwell said he has received no calls from citizens concerned about Guillory’s transfer.
&uot;He’s been a couple of months at least &045; he wasn’t just transferred here. It looks like someone’s trying to make an issue of it,&uot; Maxwell said. &uot;It’s an election year.&uot;
According to information from LDOC, its Crime Victims Services Bureau does not notify victims when an inmate is transferred between institutions.