Toddler dies of injuries from house fire

Published 12:00 am Saturday, March 4, 2006

FERRIDAY &8212; A two-year-old girl has died from injuries suffered when her family&8217;s Abraham Lane house burned Feb. 5.

Andreanay Anderson was taken to the Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport after the fire, which started around 8:30 a.m.

The girl&8217;s mother, LaTonya Anderson, had put her other children on the school bus and lay back down, Concordia Fire District No. 2 Chief Nolen Cothren said.

Email newsletter signup

When she woke up, the house was in flames.

Anderson and her brother, who was in the house, got her twin girls and Andreanay out of the house.

The girl&8217;s grandmother, Emma Green, said Andreanay had appeared to be recovering before internal bleeding took her life last weekend.

Green said an autopsy had been performed but had not seen the results.

The twins, DanNiya and DanNaysha Butler, are being monitored for respiratory effects from smoke inhalation. Anderson said doctors have discovered irregularities with Dan&8217;Naysha&8217;s heartbeat.

Cothren said the investigation is ongoing but arson didn&8217;t appear to play a role.

&8220;She told me when she woke up, the fire was all on top of the house,&8221; he said.

Cothren said reports that the fire started outside the home could not be substantiated.

Faulty wiring in the attic appeared to be the cause of the fire. He said he would report his findings to the fire marshal, who will ultimately rule on the cause.

He said he was trying to track down the owner of the home, who he said is the out-of-town niece of a Ferriday resident.

Funeral services for Andreanay will be held Saturday at 10 a.m. at Deliverance Temple Full Gospel Church on Louisiana 15.

Visitation will be tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. at Concordia Funeral Home.