Natchez man pulled from fire

Published 12:00 am Thursday, October 19, 2006

NATCHEZ &8212; A Natchez man was rescued Saturday when he was pulled from his burning home by firemen from the Natchez Fire Department.

Batallion Chief Oliver Stewart said dispatch received a call at 2:36 a.m. from a neighbor who said there was a fire at Quentin Clemons&8217;s house at 600 Lower Woodville Road.

Firemen arrived at the house at 2:47 a.m. and began putting out the fire.

Email newsletter signup

While the flames were being put out firemen went inside the house to find Clemons, 24, unconscious but breathing, Stewart said.

&8220;Apparently he had fallen asleep while cooking something,&8221; Stewart said.

The fire was eventually contained and Clemons was taken by ambulance to Natchez Regional Medical Center and treated for severe smoke inhalation, Stewart said.

Stewart said Clemons did not receive any burns and he did not know whether Clemons was released from the hospital.