House heavily damaged by fire

Published 6:43 pm Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A house on Mississippi 553 caught fire Sunday, sustaining heavy damage, according to a Natchez Fire Department official.

When firefighters arrived at the house Sunday, the roof was completely on fire, Battalion Chief Robert Eidt said, reading from a report.

“The roof structure was completely destroyed,” Eidt said.

Email newsletter signup

Some of the heaviest damage was in the kitchen, he said.

“Apparently, (the fire) began around the stove, but no cause has been determined,” he said. “Damage was found throughout the house.”

The house also suffered water damage.

No one was injured, Eidt said.