Fireworks cause trailer fire, no injuries reported

Published 12:02 am Friday, July 6, 2007

NATCHEZ — Fireworks caught a trailer on fire Wednesday evening, but no one was injured, according to an Adams County Sheriff’s Office report.

The sheriff’s office received a call at 6:38 p.m. about a house trailer fire on Highland Oaks Drive.

Upon arrival, the Natchez Fire Department was already on the scene and the fire had been extinguished. Bottle rockets caused the fire, and the trailer had damage to part of a wall and the ceiling.

Email newsletter signup

A neighbor stated she and another woman were outside watching their children shoot bottle rockets. She said she never saw any bottle rockets enter the trailer, according to the report.

She said she heard someone say smoke was coming from the trailer across the street, so she ran outside with one of her children. The two put out the fire with a water hose.The trailer had been vacant for roughly two years, a witness said in the report.