Local family in need after their house burns

Published 12:01 am Saturday, January 5, 2008

NATCHEZ — A local family is seeking donations after losing everything in a house fire.

The 81 Hobo Forks Road home of Cleotha Green went up in flames Sunday after an electrical fire that started in one of the bedrooms spread until it reached some medical equipment in the house, Green’s daughter Tameka Hill said.

“Mom is on oxygen so by the time the firefighters got there the oxygen tanks had exploded,” Hill said.

Email newsletter signup

No one was home at the time of the fire, but the family lost everything, Hill said.

Those who want to help the family can make donations at Natchez’s Best Bar-B-Que, Hobo Forks Grocery and the CCA prison construction site, Hill said.

Hill can be contacted at 601-660-3039, and Green can be reached at 601-870-3173.