Isle moves but says they’ll stay open
Published 12:00 am Saturday, April 5, 2008
NATCHEZ — Though the Isle of Capri casino boat has been relocated because high waters, it is staying open for business.
Jack Sours, general manager and vice president of the Isle of Capri, said this should not affect normal business.
“We don’t anticipate it affecting business at all,” he said. “The purpose of moving it is so we can keep it open and keep the public safe.”
Email newsletter signup
He said as the river continues to rise, it is important to have open and consistent discussions with the city.
“The biggest issue is being in constant communication with the city,” he said. “It’s the city’s role that we maintain a safe operation in terms of public access.”
He said a high water plan has been developed and the casino and the city are following it closely.
Earlier this week, Sours and City Engineer David Gardner decided to move the casino once the river reached between 52 and 52.5 feet.
Until something else happens, the casino will remain open and is safe for passengers to board.
“We’re going to continue to monitor the water levels and that’s a constantly changing dynamic,” Sours said. “We’re comfortable with the plan in place to keep us open in the high waters.”