Plenty going on in town this weekend
Published 12:00 am Friday, May 8, 2009
Just like any other spring weekend in the Miss-Lou, this one looks to be a busy one.
So for all those out there who whine and complain “there’s nothing to do in Natchez,” here are a few ideas.
– Cruising on the River starts today and continues through Saturday. Great classic cars will be on display all day Saturday on the Vidalia Riverfront, and spectators can watch the burnout competition at 1 p.m. and the golf cart races at 2 p.m.
Email newsletter signup
– The Natchez Festival of Music will host Night of Starts at 8 p.m. today and an Evening of Jazz at 8 p.m. Saturday.
– The Cathedral Crawfish Countdown starts at 6 p.m. Saturday and offers a chance to win $5,000 and munch on some crawfish for a good cause.
– The Humane Society’s Animal Affair Hawaiian luau also begins at 6 p.m. Saturday.
– Habitat for Humanity is sponsoring a women’s workday Saturday morning.
– And Alcorn State University will have graduation bright and early Saturday morning.
So don’t hit the road this weekend. Stay at home, have some fun and spend your dollars and your time in the Miss-Lou.
If you just look local, there’s plenty to do.