Easter joy brings good news to all
Published 12:00 am Monday, April 5, 2010
We hope your long weekend was filled with as many chocolate bunnies, colored eggs and family memories as you could handle.
But now it’s back to work!
Not so fast though, let’s review some of the great things that happened around us last week first.
– The Delta Music Festival in Ferriday kept toes tapping and hands clapping Saturday. This annual event has become a local favorite, and we thank all those who organized it.
– A group of Robert Lewis Middle School students recently participated in a school art contest. Jalen Blackwell won first for his entries; congratulations Jalen.
– Natchez High Principal Cleveland Moore was named administrator of the year for the Natchez-Adams School District. Mr. Moore is new to his position, and it’s great to see him receiving honors so early on.
– Pilgrimage continued this week under blue skies, rays of beautiful sun and blooming buds. One week remains; let’s make it the best yet.
– Hundreds of young children ran for eggs Saturday at the annual Miss-Lou Easter Egg Hunt. This quick but well-planned event is a must-do for many local little ones.
As we move past Easter, let’s remember its true meaning — God’s sacrifice for us all. With that in mind, every day to come will be a great one.