• 70°

City of Natchez awards bids for EWP projects

NATCHEZ — The City of Natchez will soon spend federal dollars on five areas at risk of erosion.

The Natchez Board of Aldermen recently awarded a $113,117 bid contract to Camo Construction Co., of Vidalia to repair one erosion site each on North Street, North Bluebird Drive and Martin Luther King Jr. Street, and two erosion sites on Oak Hill Drive. The erosion sites were first surveyed last year.

City Engineer David Gardner said Tuesday the projects qualified for the National Resources Conservation Service’s Emergency Watershed Protection Program. Gardner said NRCS will fund 85 percent of repair costs. The city will fund the remaining 15 percent.

Contracts for the repairs were delivered to Gardner’s office yesterday, but they require the signatures of Mayor Jake Middleton and City Attorney Everett Sanders.

News

Stewpot ready to serve needy on Thanksgiving

News

Saturday high-speed chase began in Louisiana, ended with crash in Natchez

News

No print edition of The Democrat on Friday

News

Natchez school board cancels bid opening for new high school due to COVID-19

News

5 Miss-Lou residents die of COVID-19 over weekend

News

Remains found in Natchez neighborhood

News

The Dart: Natchez resident loves music

News

Coroner: A Natchez woman dies with COVID-19 Sunday

DEVELOPING NEWS

Suspect in high-speed vehicle chase arrested in Natchez

BREAKING NEWS

Natchez Police investigating Saturday shooting that injured two people

News

Coroner: Two Ferriday men died with COVID-19 Saturday at Merit Health Natchez

News

Natchez freedmen and women largely funded Emancipation Monument in Washington, D.C.

News

Adams County coroner loses 25-year-old granddaughter to COVID-19, urges compliance with health guidelines

News

35-year-old Ferriday resident dies with COVID-19 as cases, hospitalizations continue rising

News

‘American Pickers’ star Mike Wolfe picks Natchez

News

COVID-19 numbers spike locally just before holidays

News

Norm Yvon resigns as lead administrator of Cathedral School

BREAKING NEWS

ACCS falls to Leake Academy in MAIS Class 5A state championship

News

Second suspect arrested in Tuesday armed robbery

Business

Carpenter Newsmedia to acquire Lake Charles American Press

News

Longtime Natchez police officer Otis Mazique dies at 68

News

Man robbed at gunpoint in yard, takes gun from suspect

News

Adams County Sheriff’s Office gets armored truck

News

State reports new Adams County COVID-19 death