Apartment catches fire

Published 12:10 pm Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NATCHEZ — The Natchez Fire Department responded to a fire at Carpenter Apartments on Union Street this morning.

Fire Chief Oliver Stewart said the apartment, U-9, suffered smoke and water damage, and the contents of the apartment were destroyed.

The apartments in the unit suffered smoke damage and the apartment below suffered water damage.

Email newsletter signup

Stewart said the apartment owner, whose name he could not release at this time, was not harmed. Investigators are looking into if she was there when the fire started and left.