Closures reported in the Miss-Lou
Published 10:17 am Friday, January 24, 2014
NATCHEZ — The snow that fell in the Miss-Lou Thursday evening caused several schools and government buildings to close today because of the weather conditions.
Closures in the Miss-Lou include:
• Adams County’s government offices will be closed today because of the weather, and county officials said the steps to courthouse and county building were slippery and presented a falling hazard.
Email newsletter signup
• Natchez mayoral assistant Temple Hendricks said the city’s offices will be open until 5 p.m today.
• The Natchez Transit Authority will be open today, but because of weather conditions will be running on a skeleton crew, Hendricks said, and busses will run only for medical and work calls.
• Waste Management has suspended garbage collection services in Adams, Franklin and Wilkinson counties as well as Concordia Parish because of the weather. All regularly scheduled Friday collection routes will be collected Saturday.
• The Concordia Parish Courthouse — including the sheriff’s office, clerk of court’s office, district attorney’s office and public defender’s office — is closed today.
• Vidalia City Hall will be open until 5 p.m. today.
• United Mississippi Bank officials said all branches in the Miss-Lou will have a delayed opening today. All branches will open at 10 a.m.
• The Judge George W. Armstrong Library in Natchez will open at noon today.
• Various schools in the Miss-Lou are closed today, including Natchez-Adams schools, Concordia Parish schools, Cathedral School, Adams County Christian School, Trinity Episcopal Day School, Delta Charter School, Co-Lin Community College’s Natchez campus and Central Louisiana Technical Community College Ferriday campus.
• Alcorn State University’s Natchez campus is open today.