Fourth convenience store robbed in a week
Published 12:56 am Wednesday, March 8, 2017
NATCHEZ — A masked man armed with a handgun reportedly robbed the Sprint Mart on Wood Avenue Tuesday night, making it the fourth convenience store robbed in a week.
Natchez Police Department Sgt. Spencer McAllister said the suspect entered the store shortly after 9 p.m., demanded money, then fled the store with approximately $180, headed toward the Roselawn area.
Email newsletter signup
The suspect reportedly wielded a nickel-plated gun and matched the description of the suspect who reportedly robbed Kaiser’s Mobil Mart on U.S. 61 North and Kaiser’s Food and Fuel on U.S. 61 South last week.
The suspect was wearing a blue jacket over a gray hoodie, a ski mask and white gloves.
A clerk was inside at the time of the robbery, and no one was reported injured.
The incident marks the fourth convenience store robbery in a week.
Kaiser’s on U.S. 61 North was robbed Feb. 28.
Kaiser’s on U.S. 61 South was robbed two days later on Thursday night, and a few hours afterward, the Morgantown Exxon on U.S. 61 North was robbed.
Christopher Wimberly, 35, 1018 Martins Lane, was arrested and charged for the robbery of the Morgantown Exxon. Police have said security footage has eliminated Wimberly as a suspect in the other robberies.
Anyone with information about the robberies should contact Crime Stoppers at 601-442-5000.
Crime Stoppers offers a reward of up to $1,000 for tips leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect.
Calls are anonymous.