No progress on Cathedral School inquiry
Published 1:01 am Thursday, February 22, 2018
NATCHEZ — An investigation into an alleged threat made against a Cathedral School faculty member remained at a standstill Wednesday evening, as little police have reportedly received little information.
Natchez Police Chief Walter Armstrong said any individuals involved in the incident have remained mum to date.
“No new developments have come to light as of yet,” Armstrong said.
Email newsletter signup
Police took two Cathedral students to the police station for questioning after receiving reports of an alleged threat made in a group message via the social media application Snapchat, though the two students and their parents exercised the right not to answer investigators’ questions.
Armstrong clarified at the time that neither student had been arrested.
The alleged threat reportedly involved some sort of weapon, though Armstrong would elaborate only to say that that the weapon mentioned was not a gun.
Cathedral School Head Administrator Norm Yvon said he could not divulge what, if any, disciplinary action has been taken.
“We’re following the handbook, and we’re doing everything we can to make sure everyone is safe,” Yvon said.
Armstrong said the investigation remains ongoing. Police also hope to coordinate with Snapchat to see what can be gleaned from a review of their records.