55 candidates qualify for 2019 Adams County elections: Find out who is on the list
NATCHEZ — In what may be a record for Adams County, 55 candidates have filed qualifying papers for this year’s upcoming elections.
On the last day of qualifying, seven people filed their paperwork with the Adams County Circuit Clerks office.
Officials at the circuit clerk’s office said they could not be certain, but no one in the office could remember so many candidates filing paperwork in one election cycle.
For the first time in many years, every incumbent will face a challenger in the upcoming county elections.
The seven people who qualified Friday are the following:
- Ricky Warren filed to run as an independent candidate for Adams County Circuit Clerk.
- Elizabeth Ann Ford filed as a Democrat for District 3 Adams County Supervisor.
- Rita Bernard Brooks filed to run as a Democrat for District 4 Adams County Supervisor.
- Carmen Brooks Drake filed to run as a Democrat for County Prosecuting Attorney.
- Johnathan Hargrave filed as a Democrat for Adams County Coroner.
- Patricia S. Lozon filed as a Democrat for Adams County Tax Collector.
- Henry Watts filed as a Democrat for Adams County Tax Collector.
Party primaries will be Aug. 6 and any necessary runoffs will be Aug. 27.
The general election will be Nov. 5 and any necessary runoffs will be Nov.
The final list of qualifiers for the 2019 county elections are as follows:
- For District 1 Adams County supervisor: Wes Middleton, Democrat; incumbent Mike Lazarus, Democrat.
- For District 2 Adams County supervisor: incumbent David Carter, independent; Kevin Wilson, Republican.
- For District 3 Adams County supervisor: Elizabeth Ann Ford, Democrat; incumbent Angela Gibson Hutchins, Democrat; Brandon McCranie, independent; Wilbert Whittley, independent
- For District 4 Adams County supervisor, Rita Brooks, Democrat; incumbent James “Rickey” Gray, Democrat; Jacquetta McCranie, independent.
- For District 5 Adams County supervisor, James H. Berry Jr., Democrat; Lee Blanton, independent; incumbent Calvin Butler, Democrat; Warren Gaines Sr., Democrat; Cleotha Marsaw, Republican; Kelly Thompson, Democrat.
- For Adams County Sheriff: Jerry Ford, Democrat; Tom Grennell, Democrat; Adam Wyatt Kirk, independent; incumbent Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten, Democrat; Brian Seyfarth, independent.
- For Adams County Northern District Constable: Deselle “Mody” Davis, Democrat; incumbent constable Willie B. Jones, Democrat; Diania Walker, Democrat.
- For Adams County Southern District Constable: Randy Freeman, Democrat; Chris Allen Logan, Democrat.
- For Southern District Justice Court Judge: Danny Barber, independent; Lee Ford, Democrat; incumbent Eileen Mary Maher, Democrat.
- For Northern District Justice Court Judge: incumbent Patricia F. Dunmore, Democrat; Eddie Jones, Democrat; Audrey B. Minor, Democrat.
- For Adams County Circuit Clerk: Daye Dearing, Democrat; Eva “E.J.” Givens, Democrat; Jennifer “Lady J.” Minor Johnson, Democrat; Charlie Vess, independent; Ricky Warren, independent; Jason Wisner, Democrat.
- For Adams County Chancery Clerk: Jack Blaney, independent; incumbent Brandi B. Lewis, Democrat.
- For Adams County Coroner: Johnathan Hargrave, Democrat; incumbent James Lee, Democrat.
- Adams County Surveyor: Robert Dale Greene, Republican.
- For Adams County Tax Assessor: Douglas Atkins, independent; Larry L. Hughes, Democrat; Michael Pace, Democrat.
- Adams County Tax Collector: Patricia S. Lozon, Democrat; Rose Daniel Patterson, Democrat; Jim Smith, independent; Samuel Thomas, Democrat; Henry Watts, Democrat.
- For Adams County Prosecuting Attorney: Carmen Brooks Drake, Democrat; Lisa J. Chandler, Democrat; Lydia Roberta Blackmon, Democrat.