Who’s on the ballot? Party primaries set for Aug. 6
NATCHEZ — Mississippians will go to the polls on Aug. 6 to cast ballots in party primaries for some 15 countywide offices that are up for grabs.
If you will not be in the area on primary election day, you still have time to cast an absentee ballot.
The Circuit Clerk’s office in the Adams County Courthouse at 115 S. Wall St., Natchez, will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday and again on Aug. 3, which is the last day to cast an absentee ballot before the Aug. 6 primaries.
Any necessary primary runoffs will be held Aug. 27.
Voters 65 and older can call the circuit clerk’s office at 601-446-6326 to have an absentee ballot mailed to them.
Mail-in absentee ballots must be delivered to the circuit clerk’s office by 5 p.m. Aug. 5.
Six races — District 1 Adams County Supervisor, Adams County Northern District Constable, Adams County Southern District Constable, Northern District Justice Court Judge, Adams County Coroner and Adams County Prosecuting Attorney — will be decided during the party primary race since all candidates for those positions are running as Democrats.
Also, two positions are uncontested, including the Adams County Surveyor and the Adams County Chancery Clerk.
Here is a list of Candidates who will be on Aug. 6 party primary ballots:
District 1 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: Wes Middleton; incumbent Mike Lazarus
District 2 Adams County supervisor
- Republican: Kevin Wilson.
District 3 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: Elizabeth Ann Ford and incumbent Angela Gibson Hutchins
District 4 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: Rita Brooks and incumbent James “Rickey” Gray
District 5 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: James H. Berry Jr., incumbent Calvin Butler, Warren Gaines Sr. and Kelly Thompson
- Republican: Cleotha Marsaw
Adams County Sheriff
- Democrats: Jerry Ford, Tom Grennell, and incumbent Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten
Adams County Northern District Constable
- Democrats: Deselle “Mody” Davis, incumbent constable Willie B. Jones and Diania Walker
Adams County Southern District Constable
- Democrats: Randy Freeman and Chris Allen Logan
Southern District Justice Court Judge
- Democrats: Lee Ford and incumbent Eileen Mary Maher
Northern District Justice Court Judge
- Democrats: incumbent Patricia F. Dunmore, Eddie Jones, Audrey B. Minor
Adams County Circuit Clerk
- Democrats: Daye Dearing, Eva “E.J.” Givens, Jennifer “Lady J.” Minor Johnson, Jason Wisner
Adams County Chancery Clerk
- Democrat: Incumbent Brandi B. Lewis
Adams County Coroner
- Democrats: Johnathan Hargrave and incumbent James Lee
Adams County Surveyor
- Republican: Robert Dale Greene
Adams County Tax Assessor
- Democrats: Larry L. Hughes and Michael Pace
Adams County Tax Collector
- Democrats: Patricia S. Lozon, Rose Daniel Patterson, Samuel Thomas and Henry Watts
Adams County Prosecuting Attorney
- Democrats: Carmen Brooks Drake, Lisa J. Chandler and Lydia Roberta Blackmon
NATCHEZ — Adams County residents have more than $2 million worth of unclaimed property and funds being held by the... read more