Adams County Circuit Clerk’s office open Saturday for absentees, voter registration
Published 11:58 pm Thursday, July 25, 2019
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Circuit Clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to accommodate last-minute voter registrations and absentee ballots, officials said.
Saturday is the last day for people register to vote in the Aug. 6 party primary elections for county, district and statewide offices.
Email newsletter signup
Anyone who will be 18 on or before the Nov. 5 general election can register to vote until noon Saturday, said Eddie Walker, Adams County circuit clerk.
The Circuit Clerk’s office also is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for people to register to vote and to cast absentee ballots and will be open 8 a.m. until noon Saturday, Aug. 3, which is the last day to cast an absentee ballot before the Aug. 6 primaries. Any necessary primary runoffs will be held Aug. 27.
Voters 65 and older can call the circuit clerk’s office at 601-446-6326 to have an absentee ballot mailed to them.
Mail-in absentee ballots must be delivered to the circuit clerk’s office by 5 p.m. Aug. 5.
Six races — District 1 Adams County Supervisor, Adams County Northern District Constable, Adams County Southern District Constable, Northern District Justice Court Judge, Adams County Coroner and Adams County Prosecuting Attorney — will be decided during the party primary race since all candidates for those positions are running as Democrats.
Also, two positions are uncontested, including the Adams County Surveyor and the Adams County Chancery Clerk.
Here is a list of Candidates who will be on Aug. 6 party primary ballots:
District 1 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: Wes Middleton; incumbent Mike Lazarus
District 2 Adams County supervisor
- Republican: Kevin Wilson.
District 3 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: Elizabeth Ann Ford and incumbent Angela Gibson Hutchins
District 4 Adams County supervisor
- D e m o c r at s : R i t a Brooks and incumbent James “Rickey” Gray
District 5 Adams County supervisor
- Democrats: James H. Berry Jr., incumbent Calvin Butler, Warren Gaines Sr. and Kelly Thompson
- Republican: Cleotha Marsaw
Adams County Sheriff
- Democrats: Jer ry Ford, Tom Grennell, and incumbent Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten
Adams County Northern District Constable
- Democrats: Deselle “Mody” Davis, incumbent constable Willie B. Jones and Diania Walker
Adams County Southern District Constable
- Democrats: Randy Freeman and Chris Allen Logan
Southern District Justice Court Judge
- Democrats: Lee Ford and incumbent Eileen Mary Maher
Northern District Justice Court Judge
- Democrats: incumbent Patricia F. Dunmore, Eddie Jones, Audrey B. Minor
Adams County Circuit Clerk
- Democrats: Daye Dearing, Eva “E.J.” Givens, Jennifer “Lady J.” Minor Johnson, Jason Wisner
Adams County Chancery Clerk
- Democrat: Incumbent Brandi B. Lewis
Adams County Coroner
- Democrats: Johnathan Hargrave and incumbent James Lee
Adams County Surveyor
- Republican: Robert Dale Greene
Adams County Tax Assessor
- Democrats: Larry L. Hughes and Michael Pace
Adams County Tax Collector
- Democrats: Patricia S. Lozon, Rose Daniel Patterson, Samuel Thomas and Henry Watts
Adams County Prosecuting Attorney
- Democrats: Carmen Brooks Drake, Lisa J. Chandler and Lydia Roberta Blackmon