Blood drive set today at Natchez Walmart to combat blood shortage
NATCHEZ — Mississippi Blood Services is has been forced to cancel numerous blood drives due to new coronavirus concerns resulting in a blood shortage.
Therefore, the organization is accepting donations at several locations today, including at the Natchez Walmart from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today.
MEMA and the Mississippi State Department of Health encourage those that are able to donate make an appointment to give blood. All blood types are urgently needed at this time.
As of 9 AM Monday, March 16, 29 blood drives have been canceled, which accounted for 1,000 units of blood. Mississippi Blood Services will be adding community drives daily as cancellations occur.
Mississippi Blood Services is accepting donations at these locations throughout the day on Monday, March 16, 2020:
- St. Dominic Hospital on Lakeland Dr. in Jackson from 10 a.m. to 4 pm.
- Delta Regional Medical Center on Fairgrounds Rd. in Greenville from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walmart on Sgt. Prentiss Dr. in Natchez from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kroger on Pemberton Square Blvd. in Vicksburg from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Walmart on Grand View Blvd in Madison from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- CVS on Hwy 51 N in Pontotoc from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- MBS Oxford Location on W. Oxford Loop in Oxford from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- MBS Cleveland Location on N. Davis Ave. in Cleveland from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- MBS Main Center at 115 Tree St. in Flowood from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more details on ways to donate visit the Mississippi Blood Services website: www.msblood.com or find a location near you by using the free mobile app. You can also call 601-368-2673 for information.