Merit Health Natchez issues new visitation guidelines
New Guidelines for Visitations at Merit Health Natchez
- Visitation Hours will be in effect and strictly enforced between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- Patients are limited to one visitor per day, and the visitor must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- These new visitation guidelines are for patients in the following units: 2North (Outpatient Surgery), 4th Floor (Medical/Surgical), and 5th Floor (Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit)
The following guidelines have not changed and are still in effect for OB, ED and COVID-19 patients:
- Emergency Department patients may have one visitor accompany them into the ED, and the visitor must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- OB patients may have one visitor throughout their stay in Labor and Delivery.
- Pediatric Patients may have two visitors, and both must be parents, guardians or caregiver.
- Exceptions will continue to include end-of-life and patients needing assistance with communication/behavioral care.
- Visitation will remain closed for our COVID-19 patients and patients suspected of COVID-19. If you would like to drop off a card, gift or message of encouragement, we are happy to deliver those to patients. You may also call a patient’s room or visit patients using Facetime or another video communication app.
Visitors must pass a screening process including a temperature check and questions regarding symptoms and risk factors before being allowed to enter. Visitors also must bring their own mask and wear it at all times while in the hospital.
The front entrance of the hospital will remain open Monday through Friday and be closed on Saturday and Sunday.
The Mississippi Department of Health reported the largest spike in new COVID-19 cases for Adams County since the state began... read more