• 66°

Natchez-Adams School District scales back school day schedule

NATCHEZ — After some 80% of Natchez Adams School District students opted to attend online only classes this fall, school officials said they scaled back in-person meeting days for the other 20% of the district’s students who chose to attend hybrid classes.

Originally, students who chose hybrid schedules were to be divided into two groups — Cohort A and Cohort B — at each school and Cohort A students would attend in-person classes on Mondays and Wednesdays and Cohort B students would attend in-person classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays with the remainder of the days being online only classes.

“The number of students who chose hybrid was really low enough to put them all on the same days, Mondays and Wednesdays,” said Tony Fields, NASD public engagement coordinator of the decision to conduct in-person classes only on Mondays and Wednesdays. “That really makes everything more efficient.”

NASD schools began fall classes on Sept. 9 and some teachers and students experienced some technical difficulties when logging on to the online learning platforms.

Those issues smoothed out over the week, Fields said.

 

COVID-19

Hospital CEO tests positive for COVID-19 as local cases rise

BREAKING NEWS

Flash flood warning issued for parts of Natchez

News

Hospitals using antibody therapy to help fight virus

News

Stewpot serves 300 Thanksgiving meals thanks to generous donations

News

Trash collection one day behind schedule for Thanksgiving

News

Ferriday man sentenced to life for 2019 slaying of Natchez schoolteacher

Business

Mayor: Silver Street raising and dock plans moving forward

News

Tree lighting event is Saturday in Natchez

News

Former Natchez Alderman David Massey dies at 72

News

Stewpot ready to serve needy on Thanksgiving

News

Saturday high-speed chase began in Louisiana, ended with crash in Natchez

News

No print edition of The Democrat on Friday

News

Natchez school board cancels bid opening for new high school due to COVID-19

News

5 Miss-Lou residents die of COVID-19 over weekend

News

Remains found in Natchez neighborhood

News

The Dart: Natchez resident loves music

News

Coroner: A Natchez woman dies with COVID-19 Sunday

DEVELOPING NEWS

Suspect in high-speed vehicle chase arrested in Natchez

BREAKING NEWS

Natchez Police investigating Saturday shooting that injured two people

News

Coroner: Two Ferriday men died with COVID-19 Saturday at Merit Health Natchez

News

Natchez freedmen and women largely funded Emancipation Monument in Washington, D.C.

News

Adams County coroner loses 25-year-old granddaughter to COVID-19, urges compliance with health guidelines

News

35-year-old Ferriday resident dies with COVID-19 as cases, hospitalizations continue rising

News

‘American Pickers’ star Mike Wolfe picks Natchez