Update: Fire department puts out Liberty Road shed fire within an hour of responding, no injuries

Published 3:57 pm Saturday, January 6, 2024

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

NATCHEZ — Smoke pillars rose above a shed fire at 203 Liberty Road on Saturday afternoon, prompting Natchez Fire Department to come to the scene before the homeowner realized it was burning.

“We just rolled up on it and saw the smoke,” Natchez Fire Chief Robert Arrington said Saturday afternoon. “We still don’t know what caused it. The owner was home but was inside the house.”

Firefighters managed to put out the fire within an hour after responding just before 3 p.m. and prevented the fire from reaching the nearby adjacent house.

Email newsletter signup

“The fire is out and everyone is safe,” Arrington said.