City firefighters rescue unconscious man from house fire

Published 4:09 pm Monday, May 20, 2024

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

NATCHEZ — City of Natchez Firefighters are heroes this afternoon after saving the life of a man in a burning house.

The Natchez Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire at 98 E. Franklin St. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a person was trapped inside.

“Firefighters found that individual unconscious and brought him out and performed CPR. He is at the hospital talking to investigators right now,” said Natchez Fire Chief Robert Arrington.

Email newsletter signup

He said the fire was not very large and was caused by clothes that were on fire. However, smoke was very heavy inside the home, Arrington said.

“That individual was asleep and we were dealing with smoke inhalation,” Arrington said.

Firefighters quickly got the blaze under control after rescuing the man inside.